Average Length Of Stay In Memory Care Unit
The average length of stay in a memory care setting is 2-3 years. Of course, the length of stay can vary based on several different factors. Let’s explore these factors below.
Average Length Of Memory Care Stays
Figuring out a firm and exact timeline for an expected memory care stay will prove difficult. While certain individuals may only spend a few weeks or months in memory care, others may spend several years in this care situation. Yes, the same may be true for assisted or independent living communities, but memory care stays remain at an average of 2-3 years. The timeline may decrease drastically if an individual has received at-home care before moving to a memory care unit. At this point, a typical length of stay is one year or less.
Memory Care Stay Time Factors
Typical memory care length of stays will depend on the following factors:
- Overall health.
- Family support.
- Type of impairment.
When To Move To Memory Care
These three factors can indicate that your loved one may need memory care services now or in the near future:
1. Changes In Behavior
Anyone suffering from dementia will begin behaving differently. While some behaviors may go unnoticed for the most part, other actions may be jarring. Watch for any changes in motor skills, behavior or the desire to stay isolated. Individuals suffering from dementia will become anxious, agitated and confused easily.
2. Constant Confusion
Dementia causes confusion and disorientation, which can lead to tragic car accidents, among other issues. Even in familiar settings, individuals may become lost and confused.
3. Physical Health Decline
These can be the most obvious signs that it may be time for memory care. While battling Alzheimer’s or dementia, individuals tend to become thin or frail. Physical conditions can worsen if the individual also struggles to remember to take certain medications.
Memory Care In Sedona
Sedona Winds Retirement Community offers memory care services in Sedona, Arizona, can help! Call us today at 928-985-6259 and learn more about our facility and what we have to offer today’s seniors.
More Articles About Assisted Living
- 75 Funny Retirement Quotes
- Assisted Living Cost In Sedona
- 5 Best Retirement Communities In Arizona
- What Are The Very Early Signs Of Dementia?
- Funny Christmas Quotes For Seniors
- Best Things To Do In Sedona For Seniors
- Tips On How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- Physical Games For Seniors
- Retiring in Arizona Pros and Cons
- Best Places To Retire In Arizona 2020 | Retirement Communities
- Benefits of Independent Living
- Inspirational Retirement Quotes
- What Is Dementia?
- Memory Care Checklist: What To Ask & Look For
- What is Memory Care? | Questions to ask the Facility
- Senior Living Sedona
- Moving A Parent With Dementia into Assisted Living
- Common Senior Health Issues
- Benefits Of Assisted Living
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Sedona Arizona?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Biggest Reasons To Retire In Arizona
- Assisted Living Camp Verde
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Things to Do in Sedona for Retirees
- Quotes & Sayings For Retirement Cards – 110 Quotes – Continued
- Why Retire In Sedona Arizona?
- Why Do People Retire? Answered