Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
You may be looking for a checklist for assisted living that will help you in your search and what you need to look for in an assisted living facility, read below!
When you are choosing an assisted living facility, it’s essential that you ready yourself. There are small differences between each assisted living community, they are never similar.
In making your decision you need to be organized. Below is a small checklist you can print and take with you. Be sure you always correlate the differences between each community. Ask questions which will help you in deciding which assisted living community is right for you or your loved one.
Assisted Living Checklist
Below is an assisted living checklist you can use when you go for a visit or call an assisted living facility. Simply print our Assisted Living Checklist to insure you ask the more important questions like:
- Are the staff members allowed to administer medications?
- Do their staff members have experience with diagnosing a recipient’s condition?
- How much staff does the night shift have?
- Do you have nurses staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- What is their staff to resident ratio?
- What types of apartments do they have available?
- What kind of experience and training does your staff have?
- Are there evaluations administered prior to admission?
- How do you describe your residents?
- What is the monthly cost for the different types of apartments?
- What is their policy on payments and billing?
- How does their release process work?
- Is there a waiting list? If so, how long is the wait?
- Do the monthly fees cover all of your services offered? If not, what are the costs for your extra services?
Assisted Living Tour Checklist
Below you will find an assisted living tour checklist to help you find out what to look for when taking a tour of the assisted living facility.
- Focus on the level of cleanliness.
- Watch an activity or community event.
- Are the staff members appearing friendly and approachable?
- Check out the outdoor areas or courtyard, is it well kept and managed?
- Ask their security and staff questions, how do they react?
- Eat a meal with the residents, does the meal seem okay?
- Speak with some residents. Do they like the community?
- Ask some questions about personal care.
- Ask more about the move-out and move-in criteria.
- Follow your instincts.
More About Sedona Winds Assisted Living
Sedona Winds Retirement Community is a lot more than just your regular retirement community. At Sedona Winds we offer Assisted Living and Memory Care. We are located in Sedona, Arizona. Our Community offers several options to meet all of your needs. We are conveniently located by everything you may need, including amazing restaurants, wonderful shopping, scores of golf courses, educational centers, sports stadiums, and medical offices all within just a few miles.
Sedona Winds is one of the best retirement locations in the Sedona Area. Our Retirement Community is built for seniors who are looking for a lifestyle that is not only exciting and active, but also interesting.
Find Out About Assisted Living in Sedona, Arizona
To find out more about assisted living give Sedona Winds Assisted Living Community a call today at 928-985-6259.